monkey tails frozen banana dessert

monkey tails frozen banana dessert
My girls inherited something really terrible from their father.
It’s called…
An ice cream obsession.
I know this is going to come as a surprise to many but I’m not an ice cream girl.
Don’t get me wrong. I will eat ice cream and thoroughly enjoy it but I wouldn’t choose it over a warm slice of fruit pie or better yet, a savory dish.
The hubs on the other hand would eat ice cream anytime of the day no matter how full he is. Ice cream is his thing.
Unfortunately for him, we don’t get it often because not only is the hubs obsessed, so are my girls. They have the curse of ice cream and innocently claim that it just fills the cracks. Yes, this is a problem.
It is even a good recipe to get the little hands involved. I mean what kid doesn’t love sprinkles? Regardless of my love hate relationship with them. Lets be honest, whenever sprinkles come out we seem to use the entire container in one recipe. Why? Because my kids use it as confetti, against my will of course and manage to sprinkle the entire kitchen in the time it takes me to turn around before I can even mutter any words out. ->SIGH<-
That is why the sprinkles are hidden in the highest cupboard and they are only allowed out on special occasions.
Not that it matters, it’s not like my floor needs cleaned every other hour of the day anyways. The janitor (our dog) does a decent job of keeping things cleaned, but even he gets tired of keeping up.
Speaking of kids, did you know that my oldest (4yr old) is now old enough to drive.
I know, time flies.
Okay, seriously she thinks she is old enough. The conversation went like this.
Ava: Hey mom, can I drive to town today?
Me: What?!? Drive, no you are not old enough.
Ava: How old do I have to be to drive, because I’m almost five.
Addie (middle daughter who is two): Ninety-nine
Ava: No Addie, stop saying that
Addie: Ninety-nine (and now smiling)
Ava: Stop it Addie!
Addie: Ninety-nine…..four more times as Ava keeps getting more mad.
Ava: I do not Addie! Mom! Addie said I have to be ninety-nine and I know that isn’t true. Addie is lying (said in a whiny voice).
Me: You have to be sixteen, not ninety-nine and Addie has no idea what she is talking about so just let her be. She is just trying to make you mad and guess what she is winning.
Me Thinking and crying inside my head: How can they possibly argue about everything and why is this starting so soon!

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 bananas
  • 6 Tbsp sunbutter (or other nut butter)
  • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • Toppings:
  • Chopped nuts, peanuts, pistachios, almonds
  • Flaked coconut
  • Sprinkles
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut the bananas in half and insert a popsicle stick into each one.
  2. Coat each in 1 Tbsp nut butter (can be thinned with coconut oil if needed)
  3. Freeze for 1-2 hours or overnight.
  4. Once frozen you can make your chocolate shell.
  5. Using a double boiler (pan of boiling water with another metal or glass dish on top of the boiling water) melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
  6. Dip frozen bananas coated in nut butter in the chocolate using a spoon to evenly coat.
  7. Sprinkle with additional toppings.
  8. Repeat with remaining bananas and freeze again.
  9. Once frozen remove and enjoy!

Comments